Welcome to the Governing Body of St. Joseph's.
A Governing Body has a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Here at St. Joseph's we have a strong and committed Governing Body that has high expectations for all pupils. We work closely with the head teacher and senior leadership team.
The full board meets twice a term as well as holding termly committee meetings. Each governor has a link role within the curriculum, to monitor and review outcomes for children. This gives governors the opportunity to go into the school and meet with subject leaders, pupils and attend special events taking place within the school.
Our key functions are:
- to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- oversee the financial performance of the school
- to monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher
Our school vision to 'Love, Learn, Grow', recognises the potential of every child and as a governing body we believe in a collaborative approach, working with pupils, families and the community, to prepare children for the challenges and opportunities they will face.
Governors can be contacted via the school office or by emailing the Clerk to the Governors at email@example.com
Thank you to parents, pupils and staff who completed the questionnaires. The governing body are very pleased with the results and will work with the school to make any improvements that need to be made.
Chair of Governors
- Governors’ Annual Report 2016
- Governor Document - Strategy on a Page
- Governor List - Committees and Responsibilities