Safeguarding Children Statement
At St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School, the health, safety and well-being of every child is our paramount concern and we fully recognise our responsibilities for Child Protection. This applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.
SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
St. Joseph's recognises it's responsibilities for child protection and will:-
- Ensure we practise safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raise awareness of child protection issues and equip the children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Develop and them implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Support pupils who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
- Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop in confidence and independence.
Headteacher Mrs Josephine Marsh 01753 887743
Designated Person for Child Protection Mrs Karen Ford 01753 887743
Additional Designated Person for Child Protection Mrs Trish O'Kane 01753 887743
Nominated Governor Mr Richard Payne
Bucks County Council Contacts:
Safeguarding in Education Team 01296 382912
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) 01296 382070
First Response 08454 600 001
Social Care, Out of Hours 0800 999 7677